Geek Sync Webcast : Troubleshooting when the issue is not SQL Server
Here we go again – SQL Server is slow but where is the problem? Is there a large blocking chain or a high number of deadlock events? Maybe it is a slow query using a large number of resources? Does the query have a non-optimal execution plan? Many times as a DBA, we ask these same questions and answer NO to all of them because the performance issue is outside of SQL Server.
In this session, we will focus on troubleshooting all of the typical issues that are not SQL Server related but impact SQL Server. We will explore troubleshooting virtualization, storage, memory, CPU, OS and networking issues.
Ben DeBow is an experienced consultant who works with customers of all sizes on their mission critical applications and SQL Server deployments. His versatility allows him to assist with everything from virtualization and consolidation to schema design, performance tuning, disk architectures, and everything in between. He has tuned and deployed some of the largest and most complex SQL Server solutions in the world. An active member of the SQL Server community, Ben is also the Founder and CEO of Fortified Data and can be reached at www.fortifieddata.com.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.