Webcast : SQL Server Backup Automation and Best Practices
About this webcast:
Having proper backups for your SQL Server databases is your last line of defense when things go wrong. Database backups are rarely used to restore a production database, but when they are needed, having a solid plan is paramount.
In this webcast we will cover:
- The types of backups to setup for your databases
- Proper database settings for backups
- Protecting database backups
- Backing up system databases
- Automating backups with SQL Agent and other scheduling tools
- Automating checks to ensure backups are successful
- Setting up alerts and notifications for backup failures and more
- Whitepaper: Database Backup Compression Versus File Deduplication
- Whitepaper: How Compliance Impacts Backup Strategy
- Whitepaper: How To Develop And Test A Disaster Recovery Plan
- Whitepaper: Initializing Replication from Backup
- Whitepaper: Top SQL Server Backup Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them)
- Whitepaper: Understanding Database Backup Strategies
- Whitepaper: Virtual Machine Snapshots versus Database Backups
- Whitepaper: What’s on the Mind of IT When It Comes to Backup
- Webcast: How to Create Your Disaster Recovery Plan
- Webcast: Best Practices for SQL Server Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Webcast: Defend Your Database Against Disasters
- Webcast: Designing a SQL Server Backup Strategy
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup: Challenges, Best Practices and Instant Data Recovery
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup Strategies – Architect a Solid Backup Foundation
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup Strategies: One Size Does Not Fit All
- Infographic: Top 5 Backup Mistakes
K. Brian Kelley is a SQL Server author, columnist and Microsoft MVP focusing primarily on SQL Server and Windows security. In addition to being a DBA, Brian is also a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
Automate SQL Server Backup Across your Enterprise
- Backup faster and save space via dynamic compression with encryption.
- Choose from multiple options for recovery.
- Ensure organizational compliance via policy-based management.
- Reduce failures due to temporary network problems.
- Receive alerts and create reports with centralized web console.
- Instantly read and write access to databases directly from backup files.