Webcast : Maximizing Microsoft SQL Server Performance
About this webcast:
Maximizing Microsoft SQL Server performance is the goal that all database professionals should strive for. This presentation is focused on query execution plans as a means to optimize performance. It is designed to provide the knowledge of the following key questions/activities:
– How to find poor running queries
– How to get an execution plan for a query
– How to analyze graphical execution plans (*.sqlplan)
– How to analyze XML execution plans
– What data to collect to monitor execution plan performance over time
Attend this webcast to learn more.
- Whitepaper: 5 Reasons Your SQL Server is Slow
- Whitepaper: 6 SQL Server Performance Boosters for Your Hardware
- Whitepaper: The Top 4 Performance Makers and Breakers for SQL Server
- Webcast: How to Catch SQL Server Performance Troublemakers
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance Made Easy
- Webcast: Top 10 SQL Server Performance Makers and Breakers
- Webcast: Dealing with Network Latency Issues and the impact on SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: Performance in 60 Seconds – SQL Tricks Everybody MUST Know
- Webcast: SQL Server Constraints for Integrity and Performance
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance and Scalability
- Webcast: What You Need to Know About Managing Your SQL Server Performance
Mike worked for Microsoft Customer Support Services for twenty-four years supporting Microsoft SQL Server 4.2 through Microsoft SQL Server 2016. During Mike’s time at Microsoft, he specialized in Storage Engine and Performance subjects and was a key contributor to the supportability of the product. Mike has presented at SQLPASS in the past on the topic of Database Mirroring. Currently Mike is working as a Senior Consultant for Fortified Data Systems. Mike graduated with a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Michigan Technological University in 1990.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.