Geek Sync Webcast : Dealing with Bad Roommates – SQL Server Resource Governor
About this webcast:
Do you manage systems with a wide variety of workloads? Given budgeting and licensing constraints, database servers have seen dramatic amounts of database consolidation. Managing performance in densely consolidated environments is always a challenge because you will have some users who are trying to run reports while other users are trying to execute OLTP workloads. What if there was a way to do load balancing between these workloads while putting your feet up on your desk? Well, there is and it’s called the Resource Governor.
Watch the on demand webinar to learn the different ways to make your job easier through the utilization of SQL Server Resource Governor.
Joseph D’Antoni is an Senior Consultant and SQL Server MVP with over a decade of experience working in both Fortune 500 and smaller firms. He is a Principal Architect for Denny Cherry and Associates and lives in Malvern, PA. He is a frequent speaker at major tech events, and blogger about all topics technology. He believes that no single platform is the answer to all technology problems. He holds a BS in Computer Information Systems from Louisiana Tech University and an MBA from North Carolina State University, and is the co-author of the Microsoft white paper “Using Power BI in a Hybrid Environment”.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.