Webcast : SQL Server Performance Tuning – Advanced Techniques
Often all it takes to fix a slow query is adding an index, but sometimes the problems are tougher than that and you have to move to more specialized approaches. In this presentation Andy Warren shows you how to use hints, indexed views, plan guides, and the query store to solve some not so common performance problems. Plus we’ll look at a bonus trick for when you have many tenants with wildly varying amounts of data. Andy also shows examples of problems that you should take back to your developers – it’s not always something the DBA can fix (though we often Band-Aid things to make a fix). You might not use all of this stuff we’ll cover every day or every week, but you will definitely find uses for many of the items we will cover to improve SQL Server performance.
- Whitepaper: Five Reasons Why SQL Server Health Checks are Life Savers
- Whitepaper: 7 Most Important MySQL Performance Tuning Checks
- Whitepaper: A User-centric, Collaborative, Holistic Philosophy of Tuning the Application Stack
- Whitepaper: Beginning Performance Tuning
- Webcast: Boost SQL Server Settings in the Cloud and On Premises
- Webcast: New Features in SQL Server That Will Change the Way You Tune
- Webcast: Performance Tune Like an MVP
- Webcast: Practical Performance Tuning with SQL Wait Stats
- Webcast: SQL Server 2017 – Let’s Learn Automatic Tuning
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance Tuning – Analyzing Past to Predict Future
- Webcast: The Five Essential Scripts for Performance Tuning
- Webcast: Performance in 60 Seconds – SQL Tricks Everybody MUST Know
- Webcast: Performance Tuning Your SQL Server Database and Maybe Even Your Data
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance Tuning Tips and Tricks
- Webcast: Identifying and Solving Common SQL Server Performance Problems
- Webcast: SQL Server Setup and Configuration Best Practices (Including SQL 2017 and Linux)
Andy Warren is a SQL Server consultant based in Orlando. Andy was a founding principal of SQLServerCentral.com, is the former President of the Orlando SQL Server Users Group, and one of the founders of SQLSaturday. He has been an MVP since 2009 and has written and presented extensively SQL Server. Andy blogs at www.sqlandy.com, is on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/sqlandy, and is occasionally on Twitter as @SQLAndy.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.