Webcast : IDERA Live 2021 Session: Performance tuning Azure SQL Database
Have you moved to a cloud database like Azure SQL Database and are having performance issues? While the Azure SQL services running in Azure are like SQL Server, they are key differences in performance tuning methodologies.
In this session, you will learn about monitoring options, changes in cloud DMVs, and additional cloud tuning tools like Azure SQL Analytics and Performance Insights that can allow you quickly get to performance data across several instances. You will learn about what you need to keep in mind when choosing between scaling-out to readable secondaries and scaling-up to higher tier solutions. Discuss with Microsoft MVP Monica Rathbun the challenges and benefits of tuning, what to keep in mind, and what to expect in the cloud.
- Whitepaper: 5 Reasons Your SQL Server is Slow
- Whitepaper: 6 SQL Server Performance Boosters for Your Hardware
- Whitepaper: The Top 4 Performance Makers and Breakers for SQL Server
- Webcast: How to Catch SQL Server Performance Troublemakers
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance Made Easy
- Webcast: Top 10 SQL Server Performance Makers and Breakers
- Webcast: Dealing with Network Latency Issues and the impact on SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: Maximizing Microsoft SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: Performance in 60 Seconds – SQL Tricks Everybody MUST Know
- Webcast: SQL Server Constraints for Integrity and Performance
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance and Scalability
- Webcast: What You Need to Know About Managing Your SQL Server Performance
Monica Rathbun is consultant @dcacco, Microsoft Data Platform MVP, MCSE, VMWare vExpert, Microsoft Azure Data Advisory Board Member, SQL Server Meetup Group Leader, international speaker, and avid blogger at sqlespresso.com.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.