Webcast : Linux, Containers, and SQL Server—Get Ready for Big Data Clusters in SQL Server 2019
Microsoft introduced Big Data Clusters at the recent Ignite conference. SQL Server Big Data Clusters only run on Kubernetes—a container orchestration platform that lets you run SQL Server on Linux, offering high availability and disaster recovery. While high availability and disaster recovery were a challenge on Linux in SQL Server 2017, Kubernetes makes this process painless and simplifies the overall deployment process.
Join IDERA and Joey D’Antoni as he walks through how to deploy, configure, and maintain your SQL Server containers so they are available and meet your performance needs.
Joey D’Antoni is an Senior Consultant and SQL Server MVP with over a decade of experience working in both Fortune 500 and smaller firms. He is a Principal Architect for Denny Cherry and Associates and lives in Malvern, PA. He is a frequent speaker at major tech events, and blogger about all topics technology. He believes that no single platform is the answer to all technology problems. He holds a BS in Computer Information Systems from Louisiana Tech University and an MBA from North Carolina State University, and is the co-author of the Microsoft white paper “Using Power BI in a Hybrid Environment.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.