Geek Sync Webcast : Working with SQL Server for Linux Cross-Platform
How confident are you working with SQL Server on Linux? With this platform becoming increasingly popular it is important for SQL experts to be knowledgeable for their employers.
Join IDERA and Maximo Trinidad as he explores the latest build of SQL Server for Linux, including everything you need to install and connect to SQL Server. He will also look into the tools that are available to use from Linux and / or Windows. Maximo will provide samples on querying for database information using Python/Java and PowerShell between two environments. This will be a demo intensive session you will not want to miss!
In Florida, Maximo is known as Mr. PowerShell. He is the founder of the Florida PowerShell User Group which meets on a monthly basis. Maximo is originally from Puerto Rico and has been working in the technology world since 1979. Over the years, he has worked with SQL Server Technologies, provided support to Windows Servers/Client machines, Microsoft Virtualization Technologies, and built some Visual Studio solutions. He has been a Microsoft PowerShell MVP since 2009 and MVP SAPIEN Technologies 2015. He speaks at many of the SQL Saturdays, IT Pro and .NET camps events around Florida.
Monitor, audit and alert on SQL Server changes
- Audit sensitive data to see who did what, when, where, and how
- Monitor and alert on suspicious activity to detect and track problems
- Satisfy audits for multiple industry regulatory requirements
- Select from over 25 pre-defined compliance reports and create custom views
- Lightweight data collection agent minimizes server impact