Geek Sync Webcast : Taking Your First Steps to the Cloud—Building a Hybrid Model
There are different approaches to migrating to the cloud, but most organizations start out in a hybrid fashion, with some resources on-premises and some in the cloud. Whether it’s using the cloud as a disaster recovery data center, or building out a full new deployments, during this session with Joey D’Antoni you will learn about what you need from a SQL Server perspective. Joey will also discuss other infrastructure components such as storage, networking and authentication. You will learn about different deployment and migration options and what steps you should take to get started with your cloud journey.
Joey D’Antoni is a senior consultant and SQL Server MVP with over a decade of experience working in both Fortune 500 and smaller firms. He is a principal architect for Denny Cherry and Associates and lives in Malvern, PA. He is a frequent speaker at major tech events, and blogger about all topics technology. He believes that no single platform is the answer to all technology problems. He holds a BS in Computer Information Systems from Louisiana Tech University and an MBA from North Carolina State University. Joey is the co-author of the Microsoft white paper “Using Power BI in a Hybrid Environment.
Automate SQL Server Backup Across your Enterprise
- Backup faster and save space via dynamic compression with encryption.
- Choose from multiple options for recovery.
- Ensure organizational compliance via policy-based management.
- Reduce failures due to temporary network problems.
- Receive alerts and create reports with centralized web console.
- Instantly read and write access to databases directly from backup files.