Geek Sync Webcast : How to Detect, Analyze, and Minimize SQL Server Blocking and Locking
Learn the good, the bad, and the ugly of blocking. Join IDERA and Hilary Cotter for this Geek Sync to detect, analyze, and minimize SQL Server blocking and locking.
The goals of this session are:
- To discover what is the difference between locking, blocking and deadlocking
- To understand how to minimize blocking during OLTP operations, batch processing, bulk inserts, and large scale deletes
- To study how to use the appropriate isolation levels to reduce/increase blocking and partitioning and blocking
Attend this webinar to understand how to monitor locking and blocking. The session will also discuss what Snapshot and Read Committed Snapshot Isolation levels are all about and when you should use them. You will also learn about In-Memory Tables and learn how to monitor and troubleshoot blocking processes.
Hilary Cotter is a 20 year IT veteran who has answered over 20,000 questions on the forums. Some of them correctly. He specializes in HA technologies, especially replication, performance tuning, full-text search, and SQL Server Service Broker. Hilary is also an author, or contributor on a number of books on SQL Server.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.