Geek Sync Webcast : Breaking Bad Habits: Solutions for Common Query Antipatterns
Your query returns the correct results, but even with supporting indexes it seems slow. Can it go any faster? In this session, we focus on T-SQL query antipatterns – commonly used techniques that are unintentionally counter-productive. Through an interactive story of user requests, we identify several antipatterns, examine what makes them troublesome, and show alternative methods to improve performance.
Jeff Iannucci is a Senior Database Administrator for DriveTime in Tempe, AZ. He has over 20 years of SQL Server experience as both a DBA and Developer in diverse environments such as health care, finance, retail sales, and government. He writes about solving problems for database professionals on both twitter (@DesertDBA) and his blog (desertdba.com), and has been chosen as an IDERA ACE for 2020-2021.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.