Webcast : Five Key Features of SQL Diagnostic Manager
DBAs typically manage many database instances so that it is vital to glance at the health of all SQL Server instances in a single window, and to drill down to find and troubleshoot problems. However, DBAs cannot continuously stare at a window and wait for problems to occur so that it is important to see the state of an instance when a problem happened in the past; this also allows for capacity planning. When there is a database performance problem, often DBAs are blamed so that it is critical to check performance issues down to the level of SQL queries and their details. DBAs are very busy so that it is vital to take corrective action before the user experience diminishes and to automate the remediation of known issues. Every environment is different so that it is important to have access to a flexible tool with custom counters, dashboards, and reports. Join Mark Slavens as he demonstrates how IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager makes the lives of DBAs easier with five key features.
Mark Slavens has been supporting networks, applications and systems since he was discharged from the US Army in 1992. With over 25 years of experience, he has been involved in database management, network support, and development for various companies. Before Mark began with IDERA as a Sales Engineer over 9 years ago, he already loved how IDERA’s products bring an extra level of analytics and intelligence to the table. Mark is now the Director of SQL Sales Engineering with IDERA.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.