Webcast : Defend Your Database Against Disasters
Having proper backups for your SQL Server databases is your last line of defense when things go wrong. The most important job of a DBA is to be able to recover the data in the event of a disaster, whether that is a user deleting a record or a hardware failure. To come up with a good backup and restore strategy, a DBA will need to define a Service Level Agreement (SLA) for each system.
Join Tracy Boggiano as she explains the different types of backups and restores that are available: full, differential, log, compression and encryption, and more. She will also walk through partial database backups and restores. Smart backups are new to SQL Server 2017; Tracy will walk through how to implement this new type of backup. Attending this session will help you determine that you have what you need for your SQL Server database backups.
- Whitepaper: Database Backup Compression Versus File Deduplication
- Whitepaper: How Compliance Impacts Backup Strategy
- Whitepaper: How To Develop And Test A Disaster Recovery Plan
- Whitepaper: Initializing Replication from Backup
- Whitepaper: Top SQL Server Backup Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them)
- Whitepaper: Understanding Database Backup Strategies
- Whitepaper: Virtual Machine Snapshots versus Database Backups
- Whitepaper: What’s on the Mind of IT When It Comes to Backup
- Webcast: How to Create Your Disaster Recovery Plan
- Webcast: Best Practices for SQL Server Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Webcast: Designing a SQL Server Backup Strategy
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup Automation and Best Practices
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup: Challenges, Best Practices and Instant Data Recovery
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup Strategies – Architect a Solid Backup Foundation
- Webcast: SQL Server Backup Strategies: One Size Does Not Fit All
- Infographic: Top 5 Backup Mistakes
Tracy Boggiano is the Database Superhero for ChannelAdvisor. She has spent over 20 years in IT and has used Microsoft SQL Server since 1999. Tracy covers all aspects of administration. She deals heavily with performance tuning, high availability, and disaster recovery. She is certified in Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Data Management and Analytics. Tracy is a co-organizer of a Special Interest Group (SIG) dedicated to advanced database administrator topics in her local user group TriPass. She is currently serving as a 2018 IDERA ACE and just received the PASS Outstanding Volunteer Award for November 2017.
Automate SQL Server Backup Across your Enterprise
- Backup faster and save space via dynamic compression with encryption.
- Choose from multiple options for recovery.
- Ensure organizational compliance via policy-based management.
- Reduce failures due to temporary network problems.
- Receive alerts and create reports with centralized web console.
- Instantly read and write access to databases directly from backup files.