Webcast : IDERA Live | Be Proactive: A Good DBA Goes Looking For Signs of Trouble
Database Administrators today seem to be busier than ever, and the last thing you need is to have to spend all of your time fighting fires. That is why taking a proactive approach to database performance and maintenance helps to keep you ahead of the “trouble” and prevent the little problems from turning into full blown emergencies. In this session we will look at routine database maintenance, as well as setting up SQL Agent alerts for corruption, resource issues, and fatal errors. We will also take a look at index analysis, identifying slow queries, and a few other things to help ensure that your databases are running smoothly.
- Whitepaper: 5 Reasons Your SQL Server is Slow
- Whitepaper: 6 SQL Server Performance Boosters for Your Hardware
- Whitepaper: Performance Enhancements Made with SQL Server 2014
- Whitepaper: The Top 4 Performance Makers and Breakers for SQL Server
- Webcast: How to Catch SQL Server Performance Troublemakers
- Webcast: Kick Start SQL Server 2016 Performance Tips and Tricks
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance Made Easy
- Webcast: Top 10 SQL Server Performance Makers and Breakers
- Webcast: Dealing with Network Latency Issues and the impact on SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: Maximizing Microsoft SQL Server Performance
- Webcast: Performance in 60 Seconds – SQL Tricks Everybody MUST Know
- Webcast: SQL Server Constraints for Integrity and Performance
- Webcast: SQL Server Performance and Scalability
- Webcast: What You Need to Know About Managing Your SQL Server Performance
After a 14-year programming career as a web and software developer, Eric Cobb decided to move full time into the world of databases and became a SQL Server Database Administrator, earning 2 SQL Server MCSE certifications along the way, and now manages a team of SQL Server professionals. Eric regularly presents and blogs about SQL Server, with a focus on teaching database administration and design concepts to the developer community, and frequently speaks at Developer and Database conferences throughout the country. In 2019 Eric was selected to be a 2020 IDERA ACE, for showing a passion in helping the developer community and sharing his knowledge.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.