Webcast : Architecting for Performance in a Cloud Environment
Most organizations today are moving towards a cloud-oriented architect for several reasons, one primary reason being an increase in overall performance. Maximizing any application’s performance directly correlates to the bottom line for a given company. The faster you sell widgets, the more money you can make. It is a simple and straightforward concept; however, getting there can be a challenge, especially as it relates to SQL Server databases. In this 45-minute presentation, we’ll discuss the critical components in architecting your SQL Server solutions in the cloud to ensure optimal performance across the board. We’ll discuss the different options and capabilities of most major cloud providers and some pitfalls to watch out for.
John Morehouse is a Principal Consultant with Denny Cherry & Associates Consulting living in Louisville, Kentucky. Honored to be a Microsoft Data Platform MVP & VMWare vExpert, having over 2 decades of technical experience, John now focuses on solving crucial business problems with Microsoft SQL Server oriented solutions. John has a passion around speaking, teaching technical topics and giving back to his community whenever possible. He is a blogger, avid tweeter, and a frequent speaker at conferences and user groups whenever possible. If you want to find John, you can find him on Twitter (@sqlrus) or on his blog, http://sqlrus.com.
24X7 SQL performance monitoring, alerting and diagnostics
- Monitor performance for physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
- Monitor queries and query plans to see the causes of blocks and deadlocks.
- Monitor application transactions with SQL Workload Analysis add-on.
- View expert recommendations from SQL Doctor to optimize performance.
- Alert predictively with settings to avoid false alerts.
- View summary of top issues and alerts with the web console add-on.