Video : ER/Studio and DB PowerStudio
Install Enterprise License Center. Part 1: Introduction and Installing
The Enterprise License Center (ELC) provides networked licensing for software products. The ELC license server allows you to administer and manage concurrent and named user licenses at your site, without help from IDERA.
Networked licensing differs from single-user, boxed-product licensing. With single-user licensing, users register with IDERA. Their developer network account then identified these users. With ELC networked licensing, users register with the ELC of their organization. Their machine login name then identifies these users.
The ELC offers two types of licenses:
1) The ELC assigns a named user license to one user. The login name then identifies that user. A named user license guarantees that a license is available for that user.
2) A pool of users share a concurrent license. This allows one user access to the license at a time. This provides the flexibility of having a set of shared licenses available to a larger pool of part-time or intermittent users.
Your organization can purchase named user licenses, concurrent licenses, or combine these licenses for a specified number of users. It is useful to combine licenses when certain users need guaranteed access to licenses, but other users need a license only sometimes or in non-critical situations.
This video presents an overview of the Enterprise License Center (ELC) for ER/Studio and DB PowerStudio network-based licenses, and shows the steps necessary to install the ELC for named and concurrent licenses.
- Webcast: Database Benchmarking: Miseries, Myths and Misconceptions
- Video: Enterprise License Center Installation Video (Part 2)
- Video: Enterprise License Center Installation Video (Part 3)
- Datasheet: DB PowerStudio
- Case Study: Baron Software Relies on DB PowerStudio for Database Development, Analysis, and Reporting
Topics : Data Modeling,Enterprise Architecture,Metadata,
Products : DB PowerStudio,ER/Studio Data Architect,ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition,