IDERA Adds 70,000+ Community Members, Releases Six New Database Management Products in 2016
SQL Server market expansion drives strong revenue growth; company diversifies product portfolio in the cloud
HOUSTON, TX – January 25, 2017 – IDERA, a leading provider of database lifecycle management solutions, today announced strong results in 2016 including revenue growth of more than 50 percent year over year. The company also added more than 70,000 members to its user community, bringing the total membership to 84,000 IT professionals.
2016 milestones included:
- Products — IDERA launched its SQL Workload Analysis product and released major updates to DB PowerStudio, SQL Secure, SQL BI Manager and Uptime Infrastructure Monitor. The company also added four new free tools to its portfolio -- increasing the total number to 23 -- and diversified user access by making them available on the AWS Marketplace.
- Community — IDERA added more than 70,000 new IT professionals to its user community and hosted 24 Geek Sync events, connecting practitioners with technology experts. The company also sponsored 36 events for its Advisors and Community Educators (ACE) program to help active members of the SQL Server community share knowledge.
- Customers — IDERA added more than 1,500 new enterprise clients, expanding its customer base to more than 100 countries worldwide.
- Corporate Social Responsibility — IDERA employees contributed more than $20,000 across 10 charities, including the Austin Boys and Girls Foundation, Austin Humane Society, Austin Pets Alive!, Snowdrop Foundation, Little Hearts, Chromosome 18 and Austin Disaster Relief.
- Corporate — IDERA was honored with a number of corporate and product awards, including the Houston Business Journal 2016 Fast 100, Houston Business Journal Fast Tech (Top 10), DBTA Big Data 50 and KMWorld Trend-Setting Products of 2016.
IDERA predicts 2017 will be a major growth year, with DBAs and SQL Server gaining more prominence in enterprise IT environments. Specifically, IDERA anticipates:
- SQL DBAs will enjoy newly elevated status — as the systems they manage become more strategic and complex, SQL DBAs will finally get the credit they deserve, leveraging newly available tools from Microsoft to accrue the skills, experience and prestige typically associated with Oracle DBAs.
- Oracle will cede market share to Microsoft on Linux — SQL Server available on Linux will tip the scales in the database wars, offering more choice and flexibility to DBAs, and ushering in a new breed of database professionals with lucrative open source skills.
- Microsoft will shift focus to grassroots adoption — as database management plays an increasingly strategic role in enterprises, Microsoft will seek new ways to engage DBAs (vs. CIOs), putting pressure on SQL Server vendors to continue to innovate to keep up.
- Race to the cloud will challenge tool vendors to meet users in new marketplaces — DBAs working in unfamiliar (cloud) places will need familiar tools to help them. As database performance vendors rush to be the first ones on AWS and other marketplaces, their success will depend on the ability to adapt traditional tools accordingly.
“We’re proud of our 2016 success, not only with record revenues but also including our growing, dedicated community of customers and users,” said Trey Chambers, chief financial officer of IDERA. “As the market continues to shift toward a data-centric approach to IT, IDERA is in a perfect position to build on this success by helping companies navigate the management of an increasingly complex database ecosystem.”
IDERA designs powerful software with one goal in mind – to solve customers’ most complex challenges with elegant solutions. We don’t abide by the belief that a professional must sacrifice powerful features and quality for fast time to value and ease of use. With IDERA, you really can have it all. Our unique DNA is reinforced by a user community of nearly 100,000 database and IT professionals who use and evangelize our tools. From our award-winning SQL Server database solutions to multi-platform database, application and cloud monitoring tools, IDERA ensures your business never slows down. Contact us at +1-713-523-4433 or visit www.idera.com for free trials, free tools and more.