IDERA Caps Off Strong 2014
Acquisition of Uptime Software and New Product Offerings Strengthen Company’s Leadership in Application and Server Management Market
HOUSTON, TX – Feb. 09, 2015 – IDERA, a leading provider of application and server management solutions, today announced 2014 was a year of strong momentum with the acquisition of Uptime Software and introduction of several new product offerings, including SQL Business Intelligence Manager and SQL Enterprise Job Manager. In addition, Idera launched its user community, community.idera.com, and promoted Josh Stephens to the role of chief strategy officer.
“014 was another great year for Idera, with the company strengthening its commitment to the database administrator and IT operations community,” said Randy Jacops, CEO of Idera. “With an excellent team in place, the addition of Uptime Software, and a solid pipeline of products, we expect 2015 to be an even more impressive year.”
Idera’s commitment to customer success and developing new products that ease the increased demands on DBAs and IT professionals drive the company’s ongoing success. New or upgraded products introduced in 2014 include:
- Significant additions to SQL Diagnostic Manager including Hyper-V, SQL Server 2014 and SQL Express support, and the introduction of a web-based dashboard with at-a-glance views of top issues and alerts.
- Further enhancements to award-winning products, SQL Compliance Manager and SQL Safe Backup, including support for availability groups, SQL Server 2014 and SQL Express.
- SQL Business Intelligence Manager and SQL Enterprise Job Manager, new products providing DBAs key tools to help streamline critical functions such as job scheduling and maintenance, as well as monitoring the health and availability of SQL BI services (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS).
- SQL Boost, another new product that amplifies performance between remote or cloud-based SQL Server deployments by up to 10x.
- SQL Elements, an inventory solution that provides automated, continuous discovery of SQL Servers in the environment. A dashboard console shows top servers by size, activity, owner and location, plus the ability to tag server groups for better organization across the enterprise.
Idera also continued to expand its portfolio of free tools with the introduction of SQL Heatmap, SQL Update Statistics, SQL Page Viewer and SQL XEvent Profiler.
To strengthen its position in server and infrastructure monitoring, Idera acquired Uptime Software, a move intended to accelerate Idera’s expansion into Application Performance Monitoring (APM) and IT Operations Management, while adding deep SLA management and capacity planning to its solution portfolio.
“A strong product pipeline, deeper ties to the IT management community and product suite expansion were strategic imperatives for 2014,” said Josh Stephens, chief strategy officer for Idera. “In 2015 we will continue developing tools to ease the growing workload placed on DBAs while focusing on opportunities to expand our product suite further into APM.”
Idera is a leading provider of IT performance monitoring solutions. The company's portfolio includes database, infrastructure, application and network monitoring products aimed at helping database administrators, sysadmins, application owners and network engineers improve the health, availability and performance of their systems. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Idera serves more than 13,000 customers worldwide and is a Microsoft Managed Partner, an EMC TechConnect Select Partner and a member of the SAP PartnerEdge program. Contact Idera at +1-713-523-4433 or visit www.idera.com for free trials, free tools and more.
Aaron De Lucia
Folio Communications, LLC for Idera