Published: April 10, 2013
IDERA, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“IDERA” or “we”) is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers, partners and web site visitors. Specifically, we do not sell, rent or trade email lists with other companies for marketing purposes. This policy will let you know how we collect and use your personal information, how you can control its use, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify you, such as, your name, title, phone number, email address, or mailing address.
In general, you can browse our web site without giving us any personal information.
- The following are the types or categories of personal information that we collect through the use of IDERA’s web site in connection with off-line communications such as information collected by IDERA from offline and online registrations and forms, communications and interactions, sales inquiries and transactions.
- Contact information, such as name, physical address, telephone number(s), email address, and company. The majority of the information collected under this category is business contact information and when this information is collected in forms in our web site, it is collected and/or transmitted using the secure server software (SSL), which helps protect your information as it travels over the Internet by encrypting that information before it is sent to us.
- Transactional information, including information about the products and services you purchase or download or about which you make an inquiry.
- User preferences, such as product requirements, subscriptions to newsletters, registration to read a white paper, download trial or free software, or your registration for an event and any other information you provide during your use of IDERA’s web site. As part of the registration process, we may ask you for additional personal information. We use your user preferences and registration information for several general purposes: to tell you about products and services if you so request, to fulfill your request, to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to verify the accuracy of our records and to contact you regarding customer satisfaction surveys.
- Some activities require additional personal information. For example, to fulfill online orders for products, we require you to enter credit card information, and you have the option to provide a separate shipping address.
- Event and conference participation information, such as lectures or booths attended or visited during an event or conference hosted or attended by IDERA.
- We use web analytics software to analyze traffic to this web site in order to understand our customers’ and visitors’ needs and to continually improve our site for them. This software collects only anonymous, aggregate statistics, which often consists of network routing information (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), your IP address, and date and time. For example, we do not tie a specific visit to a specific IP address.
- IDERA may use in its website embedded pixel technologies on selected pages for the purposes of identifying unique user visits to IDERA web sites as opposed to aggregate hits. In addition, embedded pixels or other technologies may be used in emails to provide information on when the email was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness; information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient’s email address.
Disclosure of Personal Information
IDERA uses and, where specified, shares your personal information for the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions. In some instances we rely on our channel partners to fulfill product trials and information requests, and provide customers and prospective customers with information about IDERA and its products. To do this, we may pass your information to them for that purpose only, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- To process transactions. IDERA sometimes hires vendor companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering items, sending postal mail, providing technical support, and processing event registrations. We provide those companies only the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- To provide support or other services. IDERA may use your personal information to provide you support or other services you ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar communications.
- To select content, improve quality and facilitate use of the web site. IDERA may use your personal information, including the information gathered as a result of site navigation and electronic protocols and cookies to help create and personalize web site content, facilitate your use of the web site, such as to the navigation and the login process, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, keep track of shopping cart additions and preserve order information between sessions, improve web site quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness, and evaluate page response rates.
- To communicate with you about a conference or event. IDERA may communicate with you about a conference or event hosted or co-sponsored by IDERA. This may include information about the event’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and any additional meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation that we may provide related to an event for which you have registered. IDERA may contact you after the event about the event and related products and services and may share information about your attendance with your company.
- To comply with legal requirements. IDERA may also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on IDERA or this web site; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of IDERA and this web site; (3) enforce its agreements with you, or (4) act in urgent circumstances to protect personal safety or the public.
Children and Privacy
Our web site does not offer information intended to attract children. IDERA does not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 16.
Security of Personal Information
The security of your personal information is very important to IDERA. When you submit any form requiring registration, we use a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) helps protect your information as it travels over the Internet by encrypting that information before it is sent to us. We have also implemented industry-standard security mechanisms and procedures to protect data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Links to Other Web Sites and Public Forums
Access to Your Personal Information
You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our Data Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
You may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address in the subject line. If you have any problems using this opt-out mechanism, please email email@example.com. However some non-marketing communications are not subject to general opt-out, such as communications related to product download, sales transactions, software updates and other support related information, patches and fixes, quality assurance surveys, conferences or events for which you have registered, and disclosures to comply with legal requirements, as well as communications with partners, including product alerts, updates, marketing and sales materials and other notices related to partner status.
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please email our Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this site or your visit, please email us at email@example.com.
Notification and Compliance Issues
If you believe your personal information has been used in a way that is not consistent with this policy or your specified preferences, or if you have further questions related to this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Written inquiries may be addressed to Attn: IDERA Legal Department, 2950 North Loop Freeway West, Suite 700, Houston, TX 77092
Google Site Stats
You may have clicked on an ad for this website that was delivered by Google.
Relevant Ads, Quality Advertisers
Google measures the performance of the advertising it delivers. By providing a tool to more accurately measure the performance of the ads we deliver, Google (and advertisers) will be able to improve the quality and relevance of the ads that you see.
To measure performance, Google uses small strings of text (known as cookies) that are placed on your computer when you click on ads. Cookies typically remain active on your computer for about 30 days. If you visit certain pages of the advertiser's website during that period, Google and the advertiser will be able to tell that you saw the ad delivered by Google.