Datasheet : SQL Comparison Toolset
SQL Server Schema and Data Comparison
Rather than spending hours of time digging through and scrutinizing the database structure
and/or data and manually generating scripts, let SQL Comparison Toolset do it for you!
WHAT IS THE SQL COMPARISON TOOLSET?
The SQL Comparison Toolset bundles Idera SQL Schema Compare and Idera SQL Data
Compare to bring you one powerful Comparison Toolset.
IDERA SQL SCHEMA COMPARE:
Provides a quick and easy way for developers and DBAs to compare SQL Server database
schemas and propagate schema changes from one environment to another.
IDERA SQL DATA COMPARE:
Allows you to compare and synchronize tables across servers, databases and versions when
performing data migrations, copying databases or auditing data.
WHAT CAN SQL COMPARISON TOOLSET DO FOR YOU?
- Compare the structure of databases, including objects and data
- Display the differences in an easy-to-use and understand interface
- Generate a single synchronization script covering both the schema and data changes,
reducing errors that happen when performed manually
- Execute the generated script to synchronize databases, for example, when moving
database changes from test to production
- Automate the process of database migration, synchronization and promotion using a
powerful command-line interface
Compare and Synchronization
- Customizable comparisons: Easily compare and synchronize data for whole databases or
selected tables and quickly compare and synchronize database schemas for whole databases or
- Schema snapshots: Maintain an audit trail of schema changes by saving schema snapshots.
Run comparisons between schema snapshots or against live databases to identify differences
and provide a safe and efficient way to reverse schema changes when necessary.
- Robust object support: Supports all database objects including tables, stored procedures,
views, user-defined functions, XML schema collections and CLR Assemblies, as well as data.
- Ready to deploy scripts: Generate a complete database script, properly ordered based on the
dependencies between the objects.
- Mapping rules: Customize the way database schemas, object names, and data types are paired.
- Cross version comparison and synchronization: Although comparison and synchronization
scripts are version specific, SQL Comparison Toolset can perform synchronizations between a
variety of supported SQL Server versions.
- Robust object filters: Comparison filters can include/exclude particular object types by object
- Project Workspace: Create and store different workspaces for different sets of servers and
databases and easily navigate back to them to jump straight into a comparison operation.
- Comparison sessions: Save all the settings and configuration options related to a comparison
operation such as databases, credentials, options, mapping rules, scripting options, and more;
allowing for single click re-run of comparison operations.
- Automate comparison and synchronization: Automate data or schema comparison and
synchronization operations using the command-line utility allowing for unattended comparison