Idera SQL toolbox Named Winner in Microsoft Best of TechEd 2011 for Second Year in a Row
Produced by Penton Media’s Windows IT Pro, SQL Server Magazine, DevProConnections and SharePoint Pro HOUSTON – MAY 31, 2011
– Idera, a leading provider of Microsoft SQL Server management and administration solutions, today announced that its SQL toolbox™ product won the Database Administration category in the Best of TechEd 2011 awards program for the second year in a row. With tools for SQL Server database performance, comparison, backup, virtual data recovery, and more than 20 daily administrative tasks, SQL toolbox puts all the essential tools DBAs and developers need at their fingertips and saves hours of time performing day-to-day tasks.
The Best of TechEd 2011 awards recognize companies who offer innovative products for the industry. The judges reviewed 334 products and services submitted for the award and chose 48 finalists to be interviewed at the Microsoft Tech•Ed North America 2011 conference in Atlanta, Georgia on May 16, 2011.
“We narrowed down a list of more than 300 products this year to 48 extremely deserving finalists—an honor in itself,” said Jason Bovberg, Senior Editor of Windows IT Pro. “All 48 finalists represent highly distinguished products and services in their categories. We love all these products! But through our research and show-floor interview process, we managed to choose this year’s winners. Our 2011 Best of Best of TechEd winners stand apart from the pack, either offering an edge in product functionality, boasting enhanced feature sets in new versions, or introducing innovative technology,” remarked Bovberg. Winners were chosen based on their innovation, strategic importance to the market, competitive advantage, and exceptional value to customers.
“We could not be more honored to have won the Best of TechEd award two years in a row with our SQL toolbox product,” said Heather Sullivan, Director of SQL Server Products at Idera. “SQL toolbox is a work horse, relieving SQL DBAs of the most time-consuming and tedious tasks so they can spend their time on more strategic and important issues.”
A list of winners and product descriptions can be found at www.windowsitpro.com/go/BOTE2011
.About SQL toolbox
Idera’s SQL toolbox is an advanced collection of must-have tools for SQL Server DBAs and developers. SQL toolbox sells for $1295 and includes:
About Penton Media
- SQL doctor™ - SQL Server performance tuning recommendations
- SQL admin toolset™ - 25 essential SQL administration tools
- SQL comparison toolset™ - SQL object and data comparison
- SQL virtual database™ - Access data in SQL backup files without restoring
- SQL safe lite™ - Compress backups in half the time
As a leading, independent, business-to-business media company, Penton knows business and how to create and disseminate vital content that moves markets. Penton is where professionals turn to gain the critical insight, expert analysis and relevant connections needed to compete and succeed. Headquartered in New York City, the privately held company is owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP, and its co-investors. For additional information on the company and its businesses, visit www.penton.com
. About Idera
Idera provides tools for Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint and PowerShell management and administration. Our products provide solutions for performance monitoring, backup and recovery, security and auditing and PowerShell scripting. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Idera is a Microsoft Gold Partner and has over 9,000 customers worldwide. To learn more, please contact Idera at +1-713.523.4433 or visit www.idera.com
Idera is a division of BBS Technologies, Inc. Idera, SQL doctor, SQL toolbox, SQL admin toolset, SQL comparison toolset, SQL safe lite and SQL virtual database are trademarks or registered trademarks of BBS Technologies, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.