Idera SQL doctor 20 Analyzes Improves SQL Server Performance
Revolutionary Performance Tuning Technology Adds New Expert RecommendationsATLANTA – MAY 16, 2011
– In booth #1829 at Microsoft TechEd 2011, Idera, a leading provider of Microsoft SQL Server management and administration solutions, today announced the availability of Idera SQL doctor™ 2.0. SQL doctor is a revolutionary technology that quickly finds the most urgent SQL Server performance problems and provides recommendations for resolving them. The newest version of SQL doctor analyzes wait statistics and provides expert-level advice for alleviating bottlenecks and other performance issues.
“SQL doctor 2.0 is the result of our collaboration with industry experts, like SQL Server MVP Pinal Dave, who understand the complexities of analyzing wait statistics on a daily basis,” said Heather Sullivan, Director of SQL Server Products at Idera. “Their expert recommendations are incorporated into SQL doctor to help our users quickly and easily remediate performance problems.”
“SQL doctor is a great tool for anyone who is tasked with improving the performance of SQL server,” said SQL Server MVP Pinal Dave. “It decreases the time it takes to find problems and offers guidance for resolving those problems. The result is significant improvement to your SQL Server performance. SQL doctor is an outstanding product and it was a real pleasure to see the suggestions of my ‘wait types’ blog series integrated into the product.”
Idera SQL doctor 2.0 includes these new features:
- Wait Statistics - New recommendations based on the analysis of three of the most important wait statistics: CXPACKET, ASYNC_NETWORK_IO and PAGEIOLATCH.
- Diagnose Queries - Evaluate the performance of any query to obtain recommendations for improving its performance.
- Undo scripts - Optimization scripts generated by SQL doctor (DDL,DML) can now be reverted back to what they were before the recommended changes were implemented.
Pricing and Availability
- Selective Category Analysis - Easily direct SQL doctor to a specific area of concern for analysis including memory, disk, network, security, processor and deadlocks.
Idera SQL Doctor 2.0 is available today at $495 per user or as part of the Idera SQL toolbox, an advanced collection of must-have SQL Server tools for DBAs and Developers that also includes SQL admin toolset, SQL comparison toolset, SQL safe lite, and SQL virtual database, all for $1295 per user.About Idera
Idera provides tools for Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint and PowerShell management and administration. Our products provide solutions for performance monitoring, backup and recovery, security and auditing and PowerShell scripting. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Idera is a Microsoft Gold Partner and has over 9,000 customers worldwide. To learn more, please contact Idera at +1-713.523.4433 or visit www.idera.com.
Idera is a division of BBS Technologies, Inc. Idera, SQL doctor, SQL toolbox, SQL admin toolset, SQL comparison toolset, SQL safe lite and SQL virtual database are trademarks or registered trademarks of BBS Technologies, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.